Army Medical College
Army Medical College is one of the famous medical institutions of Pakistan. It has successfully achieved both national and international reputation in four decades. It is an exclusive combination of medical and dental scholars. Some of whom will pursue a career in the Army Medical and Dental Corps as authorized officers, and others will accompany pursuits anywhere inland and abroad. The Hallmark of this College is an integrated modular and futuristic academic program taught by hard-working and highly qualified teaching faculty.
The college has a
- well-stocked modern library
- an innovative learning resource center
- 24/7 free high-speed uninterrupted Wi-Fi internet
- well-equipped labs
- and advanced teaching
- modern training aids
- spacious lecture halls
- well organized co-curricular activities and many more.
Vision and Mission
- To encourage, guide, and enable education, research, and studying in an environment that esteems self-worth and intellectual analysis.
- To provide the models, services, and physical surroundings to satisfy mental curiosity and knowledge needs in all the areas of medicinal disciplines that are components of the undergraduate and postgraduate curricula.
Army Medical College got established at Rawalpindi in the year 1977 initially as a residential institution. This college initially got affiliated with Quaid-i-Azam University, situated in Islamabad. The affiliation was for the award of MBBS degree. The earliest batch of MBBS course included 100 students who graduated in 1981, and then the college was acknowledged by GMC-UK. It then became a fundamental college of NUST in the year 1998. After that, Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS) course also started during the same year. Soon, the college gained a unique distinction of granting postgraduate training (MPhil/Ph.D. and FCPS) in essential medical sciences since 2001.
Location of Army Medical College
The College is situated in the cantonment metropolis of Rawalpindi. The twin towns of Rawalpindi-Islamabad get served by an international airport and are associated with the rest of the country through various means i.e., by rail, road, and air. The city experiences all five climates; winter, summer, spring, autumn, and monsoon. Vacation resorts like Murree and Abbottabad are not distant away from this city. Moreover, the Archaeological sites of Gandhara and Taxila are situated around 40-50 kilometers far from the city. The world’s most extensive earth-filled dams of Tarbela and Mangala are also present here within a radius of 100 kilometers.
Departments in Army Medical College
- Anatomy department
- Anesthesia department
- Biochemistry department
- Clinical pathology
- Community & preventive dentistry
- Community medicine department
- Dental materials
- Dermatology department
- Ent department
- Forensic medicine department
- Gynecology/obstetrics department
- Medicine department
- Operative dentistry
- Ophthalmology department
- Oral & maxillofacial surgery
- Oral biology & tooth morphology
- Oral medicine
- Oral pathology
- Orthopedics department
- Pediatrics’ department
- Pathology department
- Pharmacology department
- Physiology department
- Psychiatry department
- Radiology (afiri) department
- Surgery department
The College has empowered Fourteen Professors, Fourteen Associate Professors, as well as Thirty Assistant Professors as per the necessities of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. At present, Army Medical College is one of the most reliable medical institutes of Pakistan, having the most extensive qualified teachers both in fundamental Basic Sciences and Hospital Divisions.
- Physical Training
- Computer Club/Internet
- Adventure Training
Eligibility Criteria for Getting Admission at Army Medical College
Firstly, the applicants must evaluate themselves according to the guidelines to processed the admission procedure. Following is the criteria to get admission to this college:
- The candidates must be greater than 17 years to 25 years of age.
- The marital status of the candidate must be ‘Unmarried’ at the time of application.
- The candidate must have certification in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or Comparable certification in any science subjects like Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The candidates must have more than 70% marks in both Matriculation and F. Sc results. They must also have Higher Secondary School Certification.
- The applicant should have the nationality of Pakistan. Moreover, they should also have domicile of Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir if they live in these areas.
Courses Offered by Army Medical College
This college administers the following programs:
- Under-Graduate Programs that include MBBS & BDS.
- Post-Graduate Programs including FCPS, M. Phil, and Ph.D., in several subjects that are related to medical sciences.
Army Medical College has not only focused on high-quality education but also personality building. It has also provided several opportunities to learners by creating a peaceful environment for them. It encourages students to interact with staff members too.
Under Graduate Programs
Post Graduate Programs
- Community Medicine
- Molecular Medicine
- Science of Dental Materials
- Molecular Medicine
Army Medical College Seats
- MBBS Total Seats: 200
- BDS Total Seats: 50
Army Medical College Fee Structure
- Medical Cadets: Free of any charges
- NUMS or Paying Cadets: 220,000 PKR yearly
- Foreign Cadets: $12,000 annually
All students must pay 3,000 PKR monthly in terms of Accommodation expenses.
How to Apply for Army Medical College Admission
Method to Apply for this college is very simple and straightforward. You merely have to give the NUMS exam and then apply to get admission to this college. After the test, the entry form must be filled and fastened with a copy of the following documents:
- Result of F.Sc. (Pre-Medical or Comparable certification in any science subject like Biology, Physics, and Chemistry)
- The result from any former degree (This is especially for M. Phil and Ph. D. applicants)
The form should get presented to the admission office of the college. Then, the subsequent step is to wait for the merit list. The date and time of the merit list display will get announced on public media or by email.
Following are the various categories in which the applicant can apply for Army Medical College Admission:
- NUMS Cadet or NC
- Medical Cadet or MC
- Paying Cadet or PC
- Foreign Seats
NUMS cadet and Paying cadet usually apply after giving NUMS test. On the other hand, Medical Cadet generally applies for Army Test.
The selection procedure of Army Medical College is a bit longer, as numerous candidates are waiting to get admission here. For medical cadets, the selection procedure goes through the following steps:
- Initial test
- Intelligence Test
- Medical Test
- Physical Test
- Personality Test